ERT Solicitors require a TRAINEE PARALEGAL. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who may have recently completed A-Level Law and are looking for a career in the legal profession.
- A-Level Law (or similar), plus 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C and above including Maths and English
- Enthusiasm for the role
- Team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Good typing and keyboard skills
- PC literate – good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel
You will provide assistance to our team with duties including:-
- General administration – including printing, photocopying and scanning documents, assisting mailroom with postal procedures etc.
- Prepare and send mail merges
- Complete legal forms
- Compile and update reports
- Maintain and operate computerised and manual filing systems – including opening new files and archiving closed files
- Assist with the caseloads of fee earners using the firms Case Management system
- Communicate with clients via telephone, e-mail and in meetings and use appropriate templates to create correspondence
- Liaise with debtors and make detailed and accurate notes for the case file
- Locate debtors either via personal research or by instructing Tracing Agents
- Communicate with outside agencies, including other firms of Solicitors and the Courts etc.
- To comply with all policies and procedures
- To treat all colleagues, clients and visitors with dignity and respect
- To be committed to personal development and keep well informed of current issues and developments in matters relating to your role
This is a full time office based position in Birmingham City Centre (office hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 with a 1 hour break for lunch).
Please view our Privacy Notice for details on how your personal data will be processed, used and stored.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment Agents: Please be advised that ERT Law Limited deal with recruitment in-house and do not retain agencies to assist with this process. Any unsolicited correspondence or CVs received from agencies will simply be deleted without further reference to you.