Legal Audio Typist
ERT Solicitors require an experienced LEGAL AUDIO TYPIST to join our team for a full time office based position in Birmingham City Centre (office hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 with a 1 hour break for lunch).
Candidates must be able to touch type and will be required to complete an audio typing test (within 15 minutes) before interviews are considered. Please state your current typing speed on your application.
Attention to detail and accuracy is essential to this role as well as good time management and organisation.
Candidates should be PC literate (have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel), understand legal terminology and have excellent communication skills with a pleasant telephone manner.
- Fast and accurate turnaround of audio dictation to produce legal documents on our Case Management system
- Prepare and collate bundles of documents for Courts and Counsel
- Secretarial assistance – including formatting and amending, faxing, communicating with clients and outside agencies (courts/experts/witnesses), updating client reports etc.
- Maintain and operate computerised and manual filing systems – including opening new files and archiving closed files
- Reception cover – welcome clients and visitors to the office
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls
- General administration – including printing, photocopying, scanning, assisting mailroom with postal procedures, research etc.
- To comply with all policies and procedures
- To treat all colleagues, clients and visitors with dignity and respect
- To be committed to personal development and keep well informed of current issues and developments in matters relating to your role
Please view our Privacy Notice for details on how your personal data will be processed, used and stored.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment Agents: Please be advised that ERT Law Limited deal with recruitment in-house and do not retain agencies to assist with this process. Any unsolicited correspondence or CVs received from agencies will simply be deleted without further reference to you.